Associate Engineer - Enclosure Design
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
In this role, you will deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
- Perform sheet metal design including any complex stamping design
- Understand and apply knowledge of light fabrication manufacturing process which includes stamping, welding, painting etc..
- Understand and apply knowledge of sound suppression for engine enclosure;
- Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build relates to structural design
- Perform failure analysis, identify root cause, generate ideas and propose solution to medium / complex light fabrication failures;
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems;
- Perform product and process maintenance;
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units;
- Apply knowledge of welding, GD&T in engineering drawings & manufacturing processes;
- Daily collaboration with global engineers on prioritizing, planning and executing of projects;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering
- Relevant Work Experience: 4 – 8 Years
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Strong knowledge in sheet metal design, material selection and properties
- Sound knowledge in manufacturing / welding /assembly processes of fabricated parts.
- Experience in completing the full NPI program start to finish with a focused responsibility for the development of light fabrication.
- Incumbent should possess working knowledge on Creo
- Knowledge in heavy fabrications design
- Knowledge in Plastics and Non Mettalics
- Requires adequate knowledge on general engineering practices and Teamcenter engineering enterprise.
- Challenges include managing their own development by continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.