Manufacturing & Supply Chain
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Large Power Systems Division in Lafayette, IN currently has an opening for an experienced Industrial Electrician. We are looking for candidates that are committed to safety, team collaboration and enhancing their skillsets. You will have an opportunity to grow with an organization that is committed to employee development and engagement.
Responsibility to electrically troubleshoot and repair complex domestic and foreign machine tools and related equipment. Applicant must possess the ability to troubleshoot and repair CNC, PLC, and relay logic-controlled machines.
- Knowledge and experience repairing on or more of the following types of equipment: Okuma, G&L, Mazak, Lamb, Landis (grinders), Waldrich Coburg, Ingersoll, Toyoda, Niles, Cross, and a variety of other machines in a large industrial machine shop.
- Examples of related equipment to be repaired: P&H cranes and hoists, conveyors, furnaces, large part washers, ABB robots, and other equipment in a large industrial machine shop.
- Examples of machine controllers to be repaired: CNC and PLC equipment with Fanuc, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Indramat, and a variety of other controllers on the machines in the machine shop.
- AC/DC analog and digital drives, including Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Indramat, and various other drives.
- Examples of measurement and feedback scale and encoder systems, including Heidenhain, inductosyn, and various other feedback devices.
- Applicant must possess basic mechanical skills and the ability to operate basic tools to complete the job.
- Seeking a team-oriented individual with a positive attitude, good work ethic, with personal initiative and self-motivation.
- Must have successfully completed an approved electrical apprenticeship program or possess a minimum of three years’ experience in the electrical repair of machine tools and related equipment.
- Must pass a color blindness test.
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
Top candidates will also have:
- Electrical certifications
- Applicant must be willing to work large amounts of overtime to support production demands
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who works well individually in a team environment
- This position will be on 3rd Shift
- Please attach an updated resume
- Full time position with full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with 6% company match, etc.)
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.