Location: Sanfor, NC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2021
This is a 3rd shift hourly position at the Boone Trail facility in Sanford, NC. Starting pay for this position is $15.06 an hour plus 5% Shift Premium. *
Under general supervision, assembles/tests parts, components, or systems for BCP machines according to the specified work orders and other duties as assigned.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Requires an assembly, mechanical or electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of assembly practices.
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties
- Mechanical job duties may include the following:- Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more
than 35 lbs.
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Operate Clayton/Sanford built products.
- Seeks out paint defects and may perform paint touch up as needed.
- Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free assembly and
adjustment of components and prime product.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Follows and utilizes CPS (Caterpillar Production Systems) principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Contributing team member
- Must have effective communications skills
- Previous employment or volunteer experience
- Some experience with the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) and/or the Caterpillar Quality Management System (CQMS) Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Manufacturing experience
- Heavy equipment machine assembly experience (ex. tractors, loaders, skidsteers, etc.)
- Caterpillar product knowledge
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
- Experience working in a "team environment"
- Basic computer skills such as operating a computer in a Windows based environment
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.