Senior Software Engineer, Cat Digital
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 26, 2021
The Senior Software Engineer contributes to design, development, and deployment of a world class lead generation application and platform. This application provides a consolidated view of all sales, and opportunity across our dealerships over an extended window of time, leveraging a variety of data sources. It is used for both strategic capacity planning at dealerships, as well as to drive actionable leads to dealerships monthly. This application is a critical enabler of Caterpillar’s 2026 aftermarket parts and services growth goals.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the development of Caterpillar’s lead generation application bringing senior level experience in java coding and big data frameworks.
- Highly competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems design and development work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business value, simplification and faster time to market
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality and security within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
- 7 years or more of software development experience or at least 5 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of Java 8 or 11, Spring Boot and RESTful API development
- Designing and developing applications using Big Data frameworks - AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark
Top Candidates will also have:
- AWS Lambda, AWS Cloudformation, AWS Elastic MapReduce, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops etc, Selenium and Cucumber, Shell Scripts
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Proficient in Databases: MySQL, Snowflake, Hadoop Hive
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.