When you join Caterpillar as an Administrative Assistant, you will have the opportunity to provide advanced clerical and administrative support to managers and other staff. Your role will allow the team to operate more effectively and efficiently.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and expediting workflow through the supervisor’s office
- Using advanced levels of understanding and skill in modifying software applications, utilizing advanced functions in word processing or spreadsheet applications, advanced graphics, etc.
- Organizing, completing and maintaining large projects
- Directing and coordinating the activities of others such as temporary clerical help, co-ops, other administrative professionals, etc.
- Providing advanced administrative support or maintenance of computers and programs including troubleshooting printers, FAX machines and other office equipment
- Providing support to other area personnel on software applications
- Recommending changes/improvements and following through to implementation
- Participating on project teams, implement and provide data analysis of reports such as budgeting and forecasting
- Candidates for this job have a variety of secretarial experiences gained at sectional, divisional and departmental levels.
- The job requires the application of seasoned, advanced administrative skills gained through years of experience and challenge in the more advanced and complex features of administrative support work.
- Strong person-to-person skills are required as well as proficiency in managing the daily activities of an office or work area
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the principal’s accountabilities and method of operation plus the ability to work independently with only general guidance on a variety of special projects
- Good sense of responsibility and sense of urgency
- Excellent Verbal and written English skills
- Vocational training and administrative professional certification are strongly desired
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.