Field Service Representative / Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Rowville, VIC, Australia
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 18, 2021
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
The FSR I will report directly to the FSS. They must have basic knowledge of methods and
experience in the maintenance of all Solar product lines.
- Understand and comply with Solar and customer HSSE policies and procedures. Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety training including CLMS training courses.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacture's recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
- Must be able to proactively recognize electrical/mechanical abnormalities and potential safety problems and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing and causing damage to equipment.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurately report and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable, customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely and cost effective manner. Will be aware of procedures and options for identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Work individually or with assigned FSR’s on the preventive/corrective maintenance. Will be required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out in line with Solar Engineering specifications, manufacturing recommendations and in a safe manner in accordance with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- An Engineering Degree with 3 or more years experience in a related industry.
- Experience in an overseas/offshore environment is desirable
- Familiar with rotating equipment and PLC systems (including either Mechanical or Instrument/ Electrical aspect(s))
- Aptitude for a cross-disciplined approach to the job where regionally require
The selected incumbent will hold and maintain an offshore medical and survival certificate and/or other training/certifications as needed.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.