Power Generation Sales Manager (Malaysia / Indonesia)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, 10, Malaysia
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Closing Date: Apr 23, 2021
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
This is a key position which is critical to the company in achieving its business objectives and it has significant account and territory responsibility.
Selected incumbent will be based in either of Solar Turbines’ field office: Malaysia / Indonesia
- Responsible for the sale of new turbomachinery systems (i.e. new project sales)
- Involve in direct technical and commercial sales activities in Malaysia and Indonesia
- Create, identify and manage opportunities, leading to an accurate and adequate sales pipeline and forecast
- **Travel to customer sites to build and strengthen relationships, discover needs and wants, present application solutions, close business and support customers
- Work closely with the Sales Manager, prepares commercial and technical proposals and represents the company in negotiations with potential customers
- Establish pricing, perform negotiations, manage customers’ expectation, and perform marketing analysis
- Work in collaboration with Project Application Engineering (PAE), Customer Services, Construction Services, Contracts and Finance departments
- Respond to customer needs, which includes finalizing contract or purchase order
- Work towards exceeding customer expectations and annual sales goals
** All work-related travel needs to be adhered to company’s policy regarding travel restriction due to the current pandemic situation.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum three years of relevant sales experience in the Power Generation market, ideally with Turbomachinery application
- Demonstrate general knowledge of turbomachinery principles and applications
- Experience in preparing and delivering proposals and strong presentation skills
- Leadership skills to identify and secure resources necessary to prepare proposals
- Deliver on commitments and to influence the customer to select Solar products
- Ability to interface cross culturally as well as cross functionally
- Maintain up-to-date power generation industry knowledge, market and trends
- Fluent in English and Bahasa will be an added advantage
- The location for this position is the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.