Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2020
1. This individual will work for Caterpillar drivetrain team in China responsible for developing drivetrain system designs suitable for China manufacturing capability. Key areas include transmission, axle, brake, differential, driveshaft etc.
2. The person is expected to work closely with machine team to design related drivetrain system and components to meet requirements from markets.
3. The person is expected to work closely with engineers from our US and China teams and to collectively deliver qualified drivetrain products and components for the broad construction machinery market Caterpillar serves.
4. The incumbent is expected to support drivetrain system parts China sourcing development and supplier process and quality control, including components inspection and validation.
5. The incumbent will demonstrate strong customer focus by staying current with customer needs as well as new technologies, products, manufacturing & assembly processes/methods.
1. BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering major
2. A minimum of 2 years of mechanical design experiences required. Manufacturing experiences desired.
3. Fluent Mandarin Chinese and good English communication ability
4. Strong initiative, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
5. Good at Creo, Romax, or similar CAD software experiences
1. Drivetrain system and components design and manufacturing experiences are preferred, especially on gears, shafts, clutches, and case/cover castings
2. Strong design and analysis capability desired
3. Manufacturing experiences desired