This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Rogers, MN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2020
The purpose of this position is to safely develop, troubleshoot and test machine modifications and prototype machines, providing feedback to focus team throughout the process to ensure that machines can be built in a production environment and serviced effectively. Work with engineering to design and build custom test fixtures and test machines, components and sub-assemblies.
1. Responsible for putting safety first with an aspirational goal to prevent all injuries, occupational illnesses and safety incidents
2. Fabricate, assemble, and perform instrumentation and testing of prototype machines and components, including hydraulic and electrical systems.
3. Supports shop in troubleshooting and problem resolution to transition prototypes into production.
4. Provide feedback to design, manufacturing and service engineering throughout the development and field-follow process.
5. Consult with design, manufacturing and service engineering to troubleshoot and resolve production or material issues that occur after the prototype stage.
6. As a contributor to the R&D team, share in administrative work such as inventory, supply ordering, to ensure an efficient shop operation.
7. Work and interact effectively in a team environment
8. Work with limited supervision
1. Exposure to welding fumes
2. Noise levels of 85db or greater
3. Exposure to machining chemicals
4. Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
5. Lift up to 35 lbs frequently
6. Work at multiple heights
7. Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
8. Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
9. Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures
10. Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
11. Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
12. Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting, and forward head and rotation of neck.
13. Work in tight spaces
14. Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling, rotating
15. Use of fine motor skills
16. Use of hand tools including wrenches, air tools, drills, cutters, tie wrap guns, pneumatic, vibratory, etc. Includes ability to pull manual torque tools to torque requirements (at least 250 Newton meters or 185 foot pounds), Use of hand tools including welder, grinder, air tools, pliers, reamers, etc.
17. Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, steel-toe foot gear, and as needed dust masks, protective welding clothing and equipment including jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc.
18. Must provide and maintain hand tools necessary to perform job.
· Ability to read blueprints/engineering drawing and draw detailed sketches
· 5 years of varied experience in heavy equipment manufacturing
· 2 years experience of the following to support the broad scope of prototype activities: machine assembly, machining, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, welding, inspection, testing, heavy equipment maintenance and/or fabrication experience.
· Proficient in troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
· Must have machine and systems troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
Top Candidates Will Also Have
· Heavy assembly experience
· Hydraulic systems experience
· Heavy crane equipment experience
· Ability to read standard work, prints, and write continuous improvement cards
· Ability to utilize computer for production transactions
· Experience using mechanical tools including torque tools
· Ability to work with metric units, hydraulics and electrical components
· Post high school training in welding procedures, blueprint reading, machining, electrical and/or hydraulic systems
· Previous R & D experience
· Must have basic shop power tool and hand tool knowledge and experience
· Ability to weld, operate lathe, milling machine and drill press desired.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.