This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bloomington, MN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2020
As a Product Support Operations Rep you will be expected to contribute to the Caterpillar and dealer business plan by ensuring dealer's product support operations provide the safest work environment in the industry, deliver a consistent customer experience that meets and/or exceeds Caterpillar brand expectations, have the necessary capabilities & capacity to maximize parts & service sales opportunities associated with Caterpillar machine population and deliver the highest level of service profitability for dealers through continuous improvement of operations and processes. This critical field-based assignment provides support to dealers in identifying product support capability gaps, prioritizing improvement projects, securing Caterpillar subject matter expertise where needed and promotes a continuous improvement culture. The primary objective of this role is to assist dealers in elevating their product support operations and distribution capabilities, which in turn, positively contributes to the sale of Caterpillar prime products, parts & service. The Service, Digital, and Parts Excellence programs guide these efforts. Progress on these initiatives is directly aligned with Caterpillar’s new enterprise strategy and will be accomplished by working closely with all Industry Groups that represent the Caterpillar portfolio of products & services.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Actively promote importance of Safety culture at dealers, and provide necessary Caterpillar support for continuous improvement in this area and associated safety metric targets
• Drive Services focused culture at assigned dealers to help position them to deliver 2026 growth targets.
• Improve Service Excellence Performance, utilizing available support tools (e.g Service Excellence Planning Guide)
• Deploy Parts Logistics Transformation Projects (Parts Inventory Collaboration & Parts Excellence) to targeted dealer
• Champion capability improvements specific to Service Excellence, Parts Excellence, Digital Excellence, Repair Options, and Safety
• Actively support the Digital journey and strategy execution
• Counsel dealers on facilities, tooling, systems and on effectiveness of meeting expected business results
• Counsel dealers to develop increased human performance capability (i.e. identify performance gap solutions)
• Consult with dealers on process improvement methods and assist with process evaluation
• Incumbents must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs
• Serve as an integral part of ensuring alignment between Caterpillar Industry Groups and dealer product support operational strategies
• Liaise among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel
• Be familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies
• Contribute to the identification, analysis and resolution of service needs and problems in assigned disciple/district
• Perform complex analysis work, identify and resolve problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature
• Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization
• Apply decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc
• Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs
• Associates and/or Bachelor's degree or significant product support experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Dealer engagement experience required
• Previous Caterpillar field-based experience calling directly on dealers
• Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong operation’s or continuous improvement background
• Familiar with Operational Excellence programs
• Previous experiences in driving impact on services/aftermarket growth strategies
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
• Primary location is flexible within district territory (Peoria, St. Louis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, other consideration). Remote work within the district territory will be considered on a case by case basis.
• Relocation assistance is available for this position, however, will be considered on a case by case basis with intent to relocate within district territory for this role
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.