As an Import/Export Manager at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to manage staff responsible for North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) certification; inbound and outbound material flow; and support development for free trade policies, and provide systems development and implementation for the Transportation division.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Planning, organizing and supervising staff responsible for free trade certification and administration, import and export activity within Parts & Service Support, and transporation system development and implementation.
* Interpreting provisions of NAFTA, GATT and custom regulations and developing approaches to complex topics requiring outside legal and trade
* Directing and assisting staff in developing innovative methods and processes to best utilize resources, systems and technologies relevant to import and export initiatives and systems requirements, and to evaluate and react to complex situations with suppliers, carriers and brokers.
* Understanding and taking initiative on unique certification issues and formulating solutions with Legal, other departments, and governmental bodies to ensure a positive effect on business results.
* Managing a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required as well as training, developing and mentoring.
* Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
* Monitoring and reporting on key quality measures for the measure(s) stated.
* Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time).
* Strong knowledge of at least one of the following: material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing operations and traffic systems.
* Working knowledge of company products and good analytical skills.
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 5 years of job-related experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
* Knowledge in Caterpillar products, procedures, and policies
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.