This position is of a Systems Engineer for Aftermarket Electronics Enhancement Products team focusing on designing & integrating Systems in the Domain of Machines, Engines & Telematics/ Connectivity. These solutions will cater to CAT and non-CAT assets in RI, CI and E&T space.
Incumbent will be responsible for defining system requirements from business problems or ideas submitted, create a Solution / System that will meet the requirements & compliance and Cost / time constraints and also define and execute validation strategy for the solution. Incumbent will interact in key Domains of Electrical, Embedded Systems, Telematics/ Connectivity & Offboard systems. Will be accountable for quality of the kits released.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Begin partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between teams
* Gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict performance
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes
* Perform product and process maintenance
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* 0 - 3 years of relevant work experience
* Strong analytical skills.
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.