As a Warehouse Associate Team Leader at Caterpillar, you will assist the Supervisor/Foreman in coordinating workflow, promoting cooperative team relationships, establishing daily priorities, etc., and you will also be performing various warehousing functions at a CLS warehouse/distribution facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating workflow
* Promoting cooperative team relationships
* Actively promoting safe work practices and procedures
* Establishing daily priorities, providing feedback to supervisory team on Associate performance
* Performing and/or coordinating the training of Associates on work techniques and promoting continuous improvement.
* Assists the Supervisor/Foreman in: performing the material handling and warehousing functions required in inbound, outbound and other operational functions.
* Working from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc.
* Using machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc.
* Maintaining related records or reports as required and resolving discrepancies where needed
* Operating computer terminals to access and update information for receiving, counting, and order processing
* Performing and assigning housekeeping functions; using mobile equipment as required facilitating job functions
* Reporting defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures
* Assisting the Warehouse Associates in resolving various work related issues.
* Warehouse and/or order filling experience
* Minimum of 1 warehouse and/or manufacturing experience
* Minimum of 1 year material handling equipment experience (ie: forklift, order picker, reach truck, etc)
*Ability to frequently lift and carry product weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
*Ability to push / pull product weighing up to 50 pounds for intervals of 10-15 minutes
*Work at heights of up to 30 feet from the floor
*Ability to drive order picker, reach truck and / or sit-down forklifts after training period
*Ability to climb on and off order picker, reach truck and / or sit-down forklifts multiple times per day
*Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
*Walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation
*Ability to stand up to 8+ hours per day on concrete floor with or without limited movement
*Ability to climb up and down ladders of 6 feet with handrails
*Ability to work in an environment with noise levels averaging up to 85 db per 8 hours
*Ability to work overtime as requested by employer
*Able to complete training on a computer when required (this is primarily for safety and job-related training)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents
* Ability to perform a variety of record keeping and reporting functions
* Computer skills
* Prior knowledge of various WMS
* Previous leadership (ie: team lead, supervisor, etc)
* To aid in personal development and improve business continuity, employee(s) selected must successfully complete a minimum of 12 months in the classification before becoming eligible for an additional promotion.
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.