This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2020
DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
The successful candidate will join the Resource Industries IT (RI IT) team based in Wuxi reporting to an IT Manager. The role is to assist Caterpillar Research and Development Centre (CRDC) by acting as the site support liaison for all their IT needs. The Analyst will work closely with the RI IT and Enterprise IT team from United States and other locations. In this role, analyst will have the opportunity to develop, integrate and support IT infrastructure solutions to solve business problems. The analyst will work very closely with business partners to build demands, evaluate hardware and software needs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Working directly on technical problem identification and resolution
· Working independently or as part of a team on complex infrastructure technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems
· Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems
· Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
· Participate in integrated testing and acceptance of infrastructure components
· Work with IT leadership and facility management on various IT security needs
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
· Candidate must have an associate’s certificate in a computer related field or Computer Science degree
· Candidate must be able to read, write and speak English
· Must be able to configure and troubleshoot issues regarding desktops, workstations, and laptops; Must understand Microsoft Office Suite and be able to Install/Configure applications
· Ability to reset passwords, create accounts and manage groups
· Availability to work off-shift when needed for systems changes or be on a call rotation to provide support should any systems be down on an evening or weekends
· Experience working with onshore/offshore team model.
Top Candidates will also have:
· Understanding of IT Service Management and ITIL based support processes (Incident Management, Change Management, Problem management)
· Strong communication skills, be an innovative thinker, have strong problem-solving skills, work well in a team environment, and possess strong customer relationship and customer support skills· Experience in helpdesk, and IT site support roles.