Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2020
The packaging engineer develops the packaging plan and works with key groups to ensure material is presented to the line properly. This position designs and develops standard work to improve packaging and containerization for material from the source of supply to the point of use, leveraging the Corporate Container Program and Global Transportation processes. Key duties include:
• Provide NPI support (returnable containers CPPD)
• Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted components
• Design for transport efficiency
• Perform containerization analysis and quoting
• Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase
• Coordinate with assembly planning for line-side storage and ergonomic considerations
• Develop kitting packaging / presentation
• Validate returnable quantities through simulations
• Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
• Resolve issues reported by 3PL or carriers
This role has ownership of governance functions to manage packaging, specifically:
• Packaging non-conformance process
• Facilitate packaging procurement including pre-approvals and debits
• Packaging compliance supporting Standard Practice 20
• Supplier / carrier communication & training
• Container tracking system management
POSITION IMPACTS: Incumbent is responsible for achieving supply chain performance targets related to packaging and containerization of material.
· A background in Manufacturing, Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements and/or Supply Chain/Logistics is highly desired.
· CAD or other similar electronic drafting experience is required.