As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be accountable to achieve PQVC targets across enterprise supply chain measurements . You are accountable for supply chain key performance. In addition, you will manage and lead all facility supply chain activities including strategic process transformation, supply chain planning, material requirements management, inventory management, demand and orders management, supply chain performance and logistics.
Base on current Caterpillar Tianjin Ltd. (CTL) business status, this role should
also cover site purchasing function which includes material quality and
supplier performance, material availability of NPI. This role will help CTL to setup whole OTD material
chain, to support our “in region for region” strategy and realize
flexibility and agility capability. We will expect the candidate has
Supply Chain full function experience, and also be strategic for longer
term plan.This role is the important interface with U.S. based
counterparts, need to understand U.S. business practices, communications,
and SC related processes/procedures.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Providing leadership and direction to supply chain teams responsible for the management of all facility supply functions in alignment with the Order-to-Delivery SAI and the Velocity CSF. Ensuring that the supply chain divisions manage supply chain processes aligned with the CPS Supply Chain Process Manual and adherence to the CPS Supply Chain Rules
* Managing supply chain processes, planning, material requirements, inventory management, demand and orders management, supply chain performance and logistics. Leading efforts for a Product Distribution Center
* Providing leadership to business unit goals and strategy development. Developing supply chain organizational design, key enterprise inventory metrics, point of use material availability, prime product availability and reduction of cash to cash cycle time
* Ensuring facility production schedules provide proper product availability to dealers/customers while balancing manufacturing constraint issues. Leading facility Sales and Operations Planning, ensuring robust process conformance. Working with product managers to ensure supply chain strategies are developed and aligned with worldwide sourcing strategies, and providing inputs to supplier sourcing and resource management
* Managing supply chain performance improvements, including supplier certification and the supplier S&OP process. Working closely with relevant functional areas and assigns resources to supply chain performance improvement projects
* Managing department resources, providing focus, motivation and encouragement to direct reports. Coaching, developing and mentoring department resources. Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning. Leading efforts to improve communications and align logistics and manufacturing activities.
* Minimum of 10 years of supply chain or related experience.
* College or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering is required.
* Experience in inventory management and control, purchasing, parts distribution and/or supply chain/logistics
* Completion of Caterpillar’s required Leadership training
* Knowledge and experience with 6 Sigma
* APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Developing and deploying creative / original solutions to complex problems
* Ability to establish and monitor policies and guidelines
* Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
* Solid product knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
* Frequent Travel Required (50% - 75% working time).
* Experience in information technology, supply chain logistics, global purchasing, operations and / or quality.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.