As a Program Specialist, you will complete individual complex programs and/or multiple programs or projects of a large scope simultaneously. Provide leadership in the development and updates of program and project management schedules. Accountable to ensure project deliverables are achieved on time, within budget and scope, the incumbent has the ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, an ability to communicate effectively with senior management, and a clear vision of what determines a successful projects or programs for the customer and for the company. The incumbent manages the interactions and relationships between multiple, interrelated projects and builds credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and produce program and/or project management schedules
* Utilize professional project management tools and techniques to manage reporting, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately
* Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making
* Monitor progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problems and steps are in place to meet schedules.
* Direct and delegate tasks effectively to Program Coordinators
* Validate new projects/activities for proper alignment with program objectives and strategies
* Develop, track, manage and communicate the program management plan and status (scope, schedule, cost, resource, risk, quality, communication, change, etc.) to optimize the program and achieve quality, on-time, on and on budget deliverables
* Communicate project and program interdependencies and escalate and participate in resolution of all program issues and participate and drive decision making that accomplishes strategic objectives
* Assist in developing current and desired states to identify, prioritize and analyze gaps, developing the program MGPP, scope, and stakeholder documents
* Division knowledge expert in the Program/Project Management process and the position requires broad knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers with direct project management experience
* A college or university degree
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
* Strong project management skills, team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organizational skills
* 12-15 years of progressively related experience in multiple business units or functional areas
* Degree with a technical or analytical focus
* Professional training in project management software and techniques as well as and leading and facilitating meetings
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.