This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cienega de Flores, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2020
The Heat Treat Engineer role is an extremely critical link and the primary liaison between supervisors, hourly operators, maintenance, laboratories, and technical engineers in the heat treatment and metallurgical groups. The Heat Treat Engineer performs all advanced operations functions that are between the levels of operator training and management involvement. Much of the work of the Heat Treat Engineer is performed with the assistance of any or all of these other roles in the facility, so communication skills between these various organizational levels is critical. The position’s primary responsibilities are: - Starting up and shutting down furnaces, generators, and associated equipment - Adjusting furnace or generator setpoints as dictated by recipe or test program - Coordination of test lots (gear dimensional controls and verification) - Creation and maintenance of standard work instructions & standard work audits - Make routine quality conformance decisions after small process adjustments - Assist maintenance with machine operation troubleshooting as needed Will regularly interact with industrial equipment in an industrial environment. Regular job duties include operation of equipment (furnaces, presses, quenches, blasts, etc.), usage of hoists and lifting devices, usage of hand and power tools, usage of control system computers, interpreting laboratory data, and some limited computer work and paperwork. Additionally, the technician will regularly be required to use gages and other quality analysis tools to make routine low-risk quality decisions.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude / University school degree in Materials
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Flexible shift scheduling
- Basic computer skills / Use and query computerized control systems, enter data into databases, emails, limited spreadsheet / word processing
- Able to operate complex industrial machinery
- Able to periodically work near strong magnetic fields
- Able to completely execute detailed procedures and plans
- Able to periodically lift and carry loads of metal parts or test pieces
- Prior manufacturing experience – gear manufacturing experience is a plus
- Prior heat treatment experience – carburizing / hardening preferred
- Fork truck license or prior fork truck experience
- Intermediate computer skills – Creation and manipulation of basic MSOffice suite files
- English (intermediate)
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
· All postings for support/management positions must be posted both internally and externally to generate the broadest reach of applicants.
· All interview panels must be diverse. This means that for all positions in the U.S., at least one female or U.S. ethnic minority must be on the interview panel, and outside the U.S., the panel must contain at least one female.
· All postings must generate a diverse candidate slate of applicants that receive Hiring Manager consideration prior to any offer made. In the U.S., this means that the Hiring Manager must interview at least one female or U.S. ethnic minority for the job. Outside the U.S., the Hiring Manager must interview at least one female for the position.
· Exceptions will need to be approved by the VP and Lead HR Manager.
· The best practice is to post your opening for a minimum of 10 days to allow time for the broadest candidate reach.