This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2020
As a Distribution Ops Consultant on the Network Solutions team, you will identify, develop, and/or lead supply chain related projects to transform the Cat Parts Distribution Network and deliver value to our Customers, Dealers, and Caterpillar.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Identifying supply chain improvement opportunities, developing the business case, and/or leading the implementation of the project.
These supply chain projects may be complex in nature impacting all elements of the parts supply chain (operations, inventory, transportation, etc.) or be specific to an improvement opportunity in one element of the supply chain. As such, a fundamental understanding of supply chain principles and functional areas is foundational to success. Projects can be controversial, sensitive, and confidential in nature. A professional approach, with strong interpersonal and communication skills is necessary to influence and gain buy-in from others.
· Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, or related technical field
· 5+ years of experience in logistics, warehouse operations, and/or supply chain
· Strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills to engage and influence others outside the immediate organization
· Willingness to travel up to 25% of working time, with some periods being several weeks in duration
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
· Knowledge of the Caterpillar aftermarket parts distribution supply chain
· Ability to simplify complex information and develop/deliver clear communications
· Ability to be forward thinking, positive, and proactive
· Experience and knowledge of lean concepts and tools
· Strong analytical thought process
· Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)