Qingdao R&D Center currently has an opening for an Engineering Team Leader.
In this role you will lead & perform drivetrain system & components
design, analysis, development and validation, the key areas include
transmission, torque converter, axle, etc. You will collaborate with multiple
areas of engineering, operations and purchasing around the world. You will
continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology.
may include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for engineering job implementation across
China drivetrain products
- Organize and Facilitate / Lead Design
- New product development to full production, understand
VOC, define technical specification, design, analysis, development and
- Engineering maintenance of current product
- Engage in Cost Reduction initiatives with robust validation
and implementation plans
- Technical problem solving
- Develop strong networks to enable teamwork
- Effective Communication across multiple teams
- Collaborate with global operations, purchasing and the
supply base to meet product and design cost targets.
- Utilize key product development processes (APQP, FMEA,
etc.) inherent in NPI, CPI, cost reduction projects.
- Work with cross functional teams to support on parts
development, supplier process and quality control.
- Develop project plan and implement accordingly.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS5. Ability to work multiple projects
or above degree in an accredited Engineering (mechanical, vehicle, material,
years related industry component product design/development working experience
3. Familiar with mechanical or electrical
component development process, understand how to development component, such as
requirement definition, set up DVP&R, APQP/PPAP, validation plan, FMEA,
risk assessment, etc.
4. Familiar with NPI and 6 Sigma process
analytical and problem-solving skills.
management capability, excellent communication and organization skills management capability.
in English (reading, listening, writing and speaking).
9. Strong initiative, communication,
interpersonal, teamwork skills
- Experience of heavy-duty machine Transmission or Axle
system design/integration and validation.
- Transmission control system, performance analysis
- Electric drive design and development experience.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.