GIS Pricing and Merchandising Applications team is looking for a Solution DesignerIS Specialist who is a highly motivated, experienced and disciplined individual to play a vital role in taking our solutions to the next level. This individual will be responsible for providing solution governance and architecture of Pricing solutions, interfaces, and infrastructure relating to pricing. Understanding of the application architecture for pricing systems (including quoting, pricing, master data, and reporting). Develop solutions with our business partners to advance the Pricing and Merchandising business. Maintain a 3-year roadmap strategy for Pricing applications. Design (Requirements Definition, Functional Specs, and Test Scenarios), and vendor management of 3rd Party solution delivery, and Level 4 Support for the following applications: PRO’s, Pricing Data Lake, PPIDS and other interfacing applications.
• Define continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence in system performance, data governance and excel in implementing analytic solutions.
• Provide proactive thought leadership and drive adoption of data technologies across machines, engines, parts, dealers, and rental pricing.
• Performing validation and sign-off of 3rd Party deliverables (i.e. coding, testing, documentation)
Assist incoming business partner demand to maintain cohesive and proactive solutions
Provides input to Enterprise Architects for the creation, modification, deletion of architecture artifacts, models, standards and practices.
• Provides project leadership, expert advice, and counsel to IT personnel, management, and project teams on the most complex aspects of applications programming and development methods as well as for purchased system solutions that will be integrated with other systems (internally developed and/or purchased)
• Gathering business requirements
• Documenting functional / technical specifications for solution development
• Documenting master data requirements for solution development, testing, and execution
• Documenting test scenarios for solution validation (i.e. unit, string, integration, and UAT)
• Representing solution design in integrated design reviews prior to development hand-off
• Directing 3rd Party providers regarding development, testing, and documentation tasks
• Providing direction and clarity to resolve issues encountered with solution delivery
Level 4 Support
• Providing process / deep technical support to facilitate resolution of production incidents
• Ensuring change requests are appropriate and consistent with Pricing application roadmaps
• Readily engage with Cat partners, GIS peers, and 3rd Party providers
• Providing weekly updates regarding status, risk, issues to BU and GIS leadership
• Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years equivalent IT experience
• Strong communication skills with a team dynamic focus.
• Ability to drive results independently in a dynamic environment while collaborating across a matrixed organization.
• 3+ years’ experience in corporate data warehouse including Snowflake, AWS, Azure platforms.
• 3+ years’ experience data analytics including Tableau, Power BI
• 3+ years’ experience in Program/Project Management working across cross functional teams on a global scale.