The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Caterpillar’s Quality Management System for a business division. The incumbent advises operations teams on production and product issues based on customer and supplier feedback through investigation, analysis and team leadership to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Performs Quality Assurance for a business division by performing product test procedures, validating product specifications, performing audits, and leading product reliability improvements via Caterpillar’s New Product Introduction program and Continuous Product Improvement programs focus in Supplier Quality.
* Develops plans and tools to support quality systems and related in supplier quality processes for a business division. The incumbent provides support for quality programs and certifications, as well as Lean Manufacturing and systems implementations.
* Supports business division employees tracking continuous quality improvement projects and a quality scorecard, leading internal quality programs, developing related training programs, conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews.
* 4-year degree in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline (or equivalent)
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (Supplier contact, customer contact)
* Thorough knowledge of relevant quality concepts (PPAP, Continuos improvement, RCCA, PFMEA, CAR needed) certifications, processes and tools
* Strong communications, collaboration and influencing skills (English Language)
* Ability to work with diverse teams of employees, suppliers and customers
* Advanced computer skills (Data manage through excel, Minitab, PPT or PBI)
* Excellent written and oral communications skills in English language (Conversational English needed)
* Acknowledge of Machining process
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field with suppliers and customer
* Ability to effectively train / coach diverse groups about quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools
* Acknowledge of APQP
* Basic Acknowledge of fabrications process such steel plates, foundry, Forging and Forming.
*Ability in use SAP
* CSQP Certification
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.