As Supply Chain Manager at Caterpillar, you will manage and lead all facility supply chain activities including strategic process transformation, supply chain planning, material requirements management, inventory management, demand and orders management, supply chain performance and logistics. You will also ensure linkage between process planning and execution.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide leadership and direction to supply chain teams responsible for the management of all facility supply functions in alignment with the Order-to-Delivery SAI and the Velocity CSF.
* Ensure that the supply chain divisions manage supply chain processes aligned with the CPS Supply Chain Process Manual and adhere to the CPS Supply Chain Rules.
* Supply chain span of control includes supply chain processes, planning, material requirements, inventory management, demand and orders management, supply chain performance and logistics.
* As a member of the Business Unit Leadership Team, provide input to business unit goals and strategy development.
* Accountable of the development of the supply chain organizational design, key enterprise inventory metrics, point of use material availability, prime product availability and reduction of cash to cash cycle time.
* Ensure facility production schedules provide proper product availability to dealers/customers while balancing manufacturing constraint issues.
* Work with product managers to ensure supply chain strategies are developed and aligned with worldwide sourcing
strategies, and provide inputs to supplier sourcing and resource management.
* Accountable for supply chain performance improvements, including supplier certification and the supplier S&OP process.
* Work closely with relevant functional areas and assign resources to supply chain performance improvement projects.
* Manage department resources, provide focus, motivation and encouragement to direct reports.
* Responsible for coaching, developing and mentoring department resources.
* Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability-building and succession planning.
* Lead efforts to improve communications and align logistics and manufacturing activities.
* Accountable to achieve PQVC targets across enterprise supply chain measurements.
* Accountable for supply chain key performance indicators in the areas of Committed Ship Date conformance and inventory turns and dollars.
* Supplier Development experience
* Completion of Caterpillar’s required Leadership training
* Knowledge and experience with 6 Sigma
* APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification
* Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Develop and deploy creative / original solutions to complex problems
* Ability to establish and monitor policies and guidelines
* Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
* Solid product knowledge
* College or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
* Frequent Travel Required (50% - 75% working time)
* Minimum of 8 to 10 years of supply chain or related experience.
* College or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering.
* Fluent English
* Experience in inventory management and control, purchasing, parts distribution and/or supply chain/logistics.
* Experience in information technology, supply chain logistics, global purchasing, operations and/or quality.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.