This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Santiago, AN, Chile
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2020
Caterpillar are expanding our MineStar® Command System to a number of key mining operations, and have multiple opportunities for individuals seeking a new challenge in the mining industry. The MineStar® Command System is a state-of-the-art system that allows the mine site to be operated remotely, significantly improving safety outcomes and production targets.
We are seeking motivated and versatile individuals to join our team on site, where you can work hand in hand with our customer as we drive increased efficiency of our Minestar® system. These roles are FIFO (fly in/fly out) or DIDO (drive in/drive out) depending on the mine site and offer great work life balance opportunities with a balanced roster.
As part of our on-boarding program you will go through a robust training program where you will learn all aspects of system operation, troubleshooting and application of autonomy to a mining environment. Once you complete this training program you will be well positioned to support our customers in optimising system performance.
Once you complete your training program, your job duties may include (among others);
• Implement and Support MineStar® Command for Hauling operation and maximize system performance.
• Becoming a trusted advisor for the client, with key knowledge in the system, in addition, through close internal and external collaboration, supporting the operation of autonomous trucks.
• Support and advise MineStar® Command Office supervisors, designers, controllers, and field technicians on all aspects of system performance, including minimizing equipment downtime.
• Provide technical support to the supervisors and maintenance technicians of the components on board the MineStar®Command for Hauling system.
• Support the installation and configuration of hardware and software by establishing Quality Assurance and Control processes.
• Measure, compare and report on MineStar® Command for Hauling system performance and suggest opportunities to optimize the system.
• Support in the development of training material and the definition of operational processes
To be successful in this role, you will require the following attributes:
Passionate about technology
Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Strong change management skills
Attention to detail
Ready for a new challenge
The following will be highly regarded, but not essential:
University degree in Engineering, IT, mining or similar working background
Knowledge of mining technology products and product applications, including Fleet Management systems.