This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2020
IT'S YOUR TIME!
It's Your Career. Make it Matter
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people, which is build through diversity, aiming to achieve the best results.
If you are looking for personal and professional growth in a company with an inclusive culture that seeks equity, respect differences and believes in employee's potential, this is the right place! We consider in all positions people with disabilities, diverse gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, age, generation, race, nationality and sexual orientation.
Come join our team! Apply for Finance Representative position
As a Finance Representative, you will administer credit and financing assistance to dealers; ensure proper security documentation is maintained; effect timely administration of dealer receivables and loans; ensure that country risk limits are properly maintained to protect Company assets; provide effective analysis of confidential individual dealer financial situations including continuity planning and make improvement recommendations which contribute to financially sound and successful dealer operations. Manage significantly complex assignments/projects within a region and/or district.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze confidential financial reports and evaluate the financial strength in assigned region(s)
• Assists dealers in short and long term financial planning, credit and collections, accounting, cash management etc.; reports financial trends, and problem areas affecting dealer performance and recommends solutions to the dealer, Region Finance, District and Region Managers
• Train, coach and mentor new Finance Reps and other members of the district/region and represent the Finance Manager during their absence
• Responsible for identifying process improvements/efficiencies within district/region offices
• Analyze specific dealer sales transactions
• Administer finance-oriented programs for dealers and conduct audits of dealer inventory and controls as necessary
• Manage and collect company receivables from loans and investments to dealers from Caterpillar
• Administer payment policy to dealers and minimize past dues
• Evaluate and recommend risk limits for each country to Finance Manager
• Assist dealers in confidential financial continuity planning to analyze the financial impact on the dealership when transitioned to new owner
• Analyze and evaluate proposals submitted by prospective dealer candidates and make recommendations relative to acceptability
• Responsible for approving/monitoring country exposure and country risk for district and or region dealers
• Generally responsible for large, more complex dealership entities and/or more complex countries
• Design and deploy marketing profit center (MPC) assistance to present to Senior Management. Such assistance packages may include loans, collateralization of exposure, recapitalization of the dealership, etc.
• Provide assistance to dealers in obtaining affordable financing and flexible credit line arrangements from financial institutions
• Monitor compliance to Dealer Finance Procedures, Sarbanes Oxley Act and Treasury Letters
• Insure finance discussions made at the district level are made with an Enterprise view, and all strategic finance initiatives are given appropriate priority and resource commitment
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or Accounting
• 6-8 years practical experience in financial management and corporate finance
• English advanced
Featured candidates should have:
• Strong preference for a Finance degree
• Experience working with customers and/or dealers
• Ability to apply problem solving and decision-making skills. Teamwork and cooperation. Communication skills
• Ability to work with a diverse workforce within company and dealer management
• Travel requirement is up to 75%
Please enter appropriate External Qualifications here.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.