WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for an Aftermarket Services Representative. This position can be located in Texas, Illinois, Minnesota or Arizona. As an Aftermarket Services Representative at Caterpillar, you will deliver on Enterprise Parts Growth Targets. Drive Sales-to-Users (STUs) growth for the aftermarket services business in line with the Electric Power Division’s strategy in the assigned territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on the end customer. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealers (including Ziegler, Holt TX, Hawthorne and Quinn) where the incumbent will provide leadership, guidance and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness, in addition to leveraging opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Deliver the annual total business plan for the assigned dealer territories
* In collaboration with assigned dealers, develop and implement aftermarket solutions account plans for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts. Adopt and be an advocate for sales funnel management methods
* Collaborate with Aftermarket Services support teams to identify customer accounts for growth
* Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns
* Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan
* Drive regular sales performance reviews with dealers and ensure implementation of corrective actions where needed
* Collaborate with sales team members to drive CVA at point of sales growth
* Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD in the CRM system. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales
* Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product & customer needs
* Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness
* Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities at assigned dealers
* Drive customer connectivity as an enabler to business
* Interact with regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable)
* Keep up to date with industry trends, changing technology and market regulations in countries covered
* Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship
* Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions
* Manage the T&E budget
* Requires a college or university degree
* 5+ years of experience in field assignments
* Good Electric Power Industry knowledge
* Intermediate knowledge of customer solutions (parts products, service offerings, solution offerings)
Top Candidates will also have:
* Strong business acumen
* Proficient analytic tools user
* Experience in sales & marketing
* Experience with Mannheim Gas Parts Pricing and Systems a plus
* Demonstrated the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
* Ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.