As a Program Coordinator, you will deliver programs on-time, within budget and to specification by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Also, you provide some expertise in specific areas of program and project management processes to ensure the most efficient and cost effective implementation of products and services.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage complex projects that have minimal R&D value
* Facilitate project teams providing administrative planning and follow-up for program team meetings.
* Develop network diagrams
* Drive integration & compression sessions
* Assist Program Managers in scheduling and support program control meetings & compression sessions
* Maintain, with Program Manager, guidance program level issues/action logs, risk registers/FMEAs, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, and program cost tracking
* Create accurate and detailed schedules with regular follow-up by Program Management Supervisor to ensure data quality and timeliness
* Capture project information, and with assistance from the project team interprets, identifies relationships between activities
* Analyze data from schedule updates, works with project team members to resolve logic errors, helps explain changes due to updates
* Update the plan accordingly based on actions taken by team to resolve schedule problems
* Conduct detail-planning meetings with regular management
* Collobrate with functional areas to develop their detailed activities and schedule
* Provide guidance in understanding and following program and project management standard processes
* Work daily with team members to emphasize the importance of the program schedule to be successful in implementing on time, within cost, and at the required quality targets.
* Transfer work breakdown structure (WBS) into project management software
* Create report packages and communicate project status.
* 4 Year College degree (or Post Graduation / MBA) with a technical focus
* Basic project management knowledge and experience
* Previous Green Belt experience
* 4 to 7 years of job-related experience in Program Coordination, Information Technology, Engineering, project management or NPI
* General knowledge enterprise policies, processes and products
* Good communication skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.