Caterpillar is a company of builders. Of problem solvers. Of innovators who want to impact the world. Our people build and design the products and services that help shape the communities where we work and live. We are building on our legacy and innovating for the next generation. One where technology-enabled services create improved outcomes for our people and the customers and communities we serve.
This is a great opportunity to become a part of a diverse, fast-paced, and global HR team in the Peoria, IL area! We have 2 key roles currently available one in our Large Power Systems Division and Integrated Components and one in our Solutions Division with regional HR consulting responsibility.
This position has Business Partner focus on developing, advising, and delivering the best solutions to our internal customers - our employees. This role will also engage in HR Strategic Planning, Employee Engagement & Retention, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Employee & Labor Relations, Total Rewards, and Data Analytics. The HR Consultant reports to a Global HR leader and will partner with both in-region and global HR Managers and HR Professionals to deliver on these goals.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for partnering with leaders to implement and continuously refine the talent plans aligned with business objectives of organization.
• Utilize HR knowledge to drive talent outcomes through development and execution of strategic and operational workforce plans, leveraging data, financials and use of analytics to understand and determine talent priorities.
• Reinforce leadership attributes and company values.
• Directly responsible for ensuring HR processes remain compliant with company and regulatory requirements as well as labor contracts.
• Support and engage in employee and labor relations initiatives, working with team members and leaders to proactively create, monitor and maintain healthy working environments.
• Coach managers and employees though conflict situations, including executing and documenting formal enquiries when appropriate.
• Partner with HR COE and HRSS organizations as necessary to learn / execute talent initiatives and ensure employees receive effective HR support.
• Proactively partner with HR leaders and peers to support the continuous development of the function and employees.
• Engage and support change management and communication efforts for strategic HR initiatives.