Caterpillar is a company of builders. Of problem solvers. Of innovators who want to impact the world. Our people build and design the products and services that help shape the communities where we work and live. We are building on our legacy and innovating for the next generation. One where technology-enabled services create improved outcomes for our people and the customers and communities we serve.
This is a great opportunity to become a part of a diverse, fast-paced, and global HR team in the Peoria, IL area! We have 4 key roles currently available in our Strategic Procurement Division, Industrial Power Systems Division and Large Power Systems Division with regional HR consulting responsibility.
This position has Business Partner focus on developing, advising, and delivering the best solutions to our internal customers - our employees. This role will also engage in HR Strategic Planning, Employee Engagement & Retention, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Employee & Labor Relations, Total Rewards, and Data Analytics. The HR Consultant reports to a Global HR leader and will partner with both in-region and global HR Managers and HR Professionals to deliver on these goals.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for partnering with leaders to implement and continuously refine the talent plans aligned with business objectives of organization.
• Utilize HR knowledge to drive talent outcomes through development and execution of strategic and operational workforce plans, leveraging data, financials and use of analytics to understand and determine talent priorities.
• Reinforce leadership attributes and company values.
• Directly responsible for ensuring HR processes remain compliant with company and regulatory requirements as well as labor contracts.
• Support and engage in employee and labor relations initiatives, working with team members and leaders to proactively create, monitor and maintain healthy working environments.
• Coach managers and employees though conflict situations, including executing and documenting formal enquiries when appropriate.
• Partner with HR COE and HRSS organizations as necessary to learn / execute talent initiatives and ensure employees receive effective HR support.
• Proactively partner with HR leaders and peers to support the continuous development of the function and employees.
• Engage and support change management and communication efforts for strategic HR initiatives.
• The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience of 3-5 years of practical human resource assignments
• Demonstrated capabilities in human capital management systems (PeopleSoft, Workday, Kronos, etc).
• Experience coaching employees and leaders through complex employment issues.
• Applied knowledge of federal, regional, state and local employment laws.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization planning skills.
• Typically requires an awareness and expertise in many areas of human resources.
• Typically requires some experience in benefits, compensation, personnel and training with a working knowledge of operations.
• Must possess strong human relations and communications skills, along with organization planning and personal computer proficiency.
• Positions are located in the Peoria, IL area
Top candidates may also have:
• MBA, Master’s Degree or applicable HR certifications.
• Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.