This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Clayton, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2020
The Sr. Commercial Analyst understands the concepts and principles related to sales and application of construction equipment attachments and plays an expanded role within the Commercial Analyst position by personally supporting a specific area of sales responsibility, possibly including international sales, government sales, aftermarket parts sales, pricing and availability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Effectively responds to numerous inquiries received from field personnel, dealers, and customers as they relate to product, marketing, service engineering, and parts.
* Sense of urgency to deliver high quality responses as inquiries are often related to short dated sales opportunities.
* Evaluates inquiries and decides on the complexity and depth of response. For those needing further expertise, identifies the individual, communicates the request, obtains the response and assures communication back to the requesting party. Inquiries may relate to pricing, compatibility, availability, order status, warranty procedures, proper maintenance of equipment, etc.
* Ability to analyze and give assistance/feedback to the product and commercial staff related to sales development, service engineering and product health
* Reviews and understands inventory data and makes recommendations relative to inventory practices (forecast & service stocking levels, work tool configurations, order volumes).
* Promotes the sale of products, services and systems offered by the BCP Attachment organization.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing or a Technical Field
* Minimum of 3-5 years in Industry Sales, Marketing, Engineering, or Product Support
* Intermediate level of proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Top candidates will also have:
* Caterpillar Attachments or Machine experience
* Caterpillar systems experience (Contact Center, DSN (Dealer Solution Network), Price Pages, SIS (Service Information Systems, Epix, etc.)
* Dealer or Customer facing experience
* Experience within the construction industry or construction technologies
* Strong customer focus
* Communication and relationship building skills
* Commitment to innovation in the job
* Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers