WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an opening for an Offshore Segment Manager. This position is located in Houston, Texas, or Hamburg, Germany. As the Offshore Segment Manager at Caterpillar, you serve as the divisional segment expert as part of the Caterpillar Marine Industry Group. This role’s purpose is to enable the business to reach decisions and make recommendations to drive strategic advantages and contribute to the division’s business and long-term leadership position.
The Offshore Segment Manager carries the responsibility to develop a segment growth strategy that reflects the holistic view of all elements and dynamics of the segment, provides direction to its stakeholders, networks across the organization and leads the governance of the segment strategy execution.
The Offshore Segment Manager acts as a consultant with business partners and the Caterpillar dealership network and strongly engages with industry leading Caterpillar customers within the segment. Initiatives to constantly improve on Caterpillar’s ability to better serve key accounts are to be effectively implemented and executed and that by engaging with the global team of internal and dealer partner peers.
The Offshore Segment Manager owns the market opportunity sizing, profitability and OPACC KPI’s for the assigned segment and that by assimilating market requirements, market and technology trends, customer data and corresponding requirements. He / she ultimately identifies opportunities for increased value propositions with the ultimate goal to achieve Caterpillar leadership within the segment and support customers on the journey to achieve sustainable growth.
This role is global in nature and is designed to incorporate the varying dynamics and requirements of the segment as those pertain to the “segment hotspots” such as the Gulf of Mexico, Brazil, the central and northern European regions as well as the South East Asia and Chinese landscapes to name a few.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and employ the overall vision and strategy for the assigned segment. This is a creative and analytical role, with responsibility to provide the foundation that ultimately enables the commercial business execution teams at Caterpillar and its dealer partners to achieve growth targets in the area of prime product and services sales
* Establish and maintain effective Caterpillar internal stakeholder and dealer partner relationships as well as build and strengthen partnerships with ship owners and operators as well as ship design companies and selective ship builders within the segment
* Establish high-level relationships with industry decision makers and identify critical business needs and ways to address those efficiently
* Develop, prioritize and implement strategic initiatives that address customer gaps associated with Caterpillar’s market coverage, product and services portfolio as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction and sustainable growth
* Create detailed business cases analysis and financial models to support key strategic investment decisions
* Act as a consultant to various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that key marine industry leaders will be adopting in the future
* Consult with Caterpillar dealers and OEMs on the subject of sales and service support
* Generally, requires extensive travel (More than 50%, internationally and domestically) to develop a deep understanding of the end-user’s business and their unmet needs and ensure a customer centric approach to the segment is constantly being followed and executed throughout the organization
* Runs a stringent key account management process for assigned customers. Take steps necessary to assure highest customer satisfaction and that in effort to allow for collaborative growth
* Provide upward direction and guidance related to segment opportunities and changing trends. This role requires visionary thinking and the ability to balance short term thinking against long term strategy.
* Makes regular visits to customer sites. Incumbent must demonstrate leadership skills to develop and retain major customer and dealer relationships
* Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to ensure strategic and tactical alignment with these business partners
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5+ years of experience in the marine industry ideally with broad background in the power generation, ship design or fleet operations business
* An existing network and relationships with key players in the marine industry and that preferably within the global Offshore / OSV segment landscape are essentially required and expected to be maintained and further developed
Top Candidates will also have:
* Ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally combined with strong human relator skills
* Desired is a strong personal presence, engaging relationship skills, exceptional leadership abilities, experience within the field of account management, commercial services sales, product and business solution sales
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.