This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peterlee, Durham, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Job Title: Data Centre Account Manager
Salary Grade: SG24
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
The global aftermarket and sales support team are tasked with overseeing the aftersale customer experience managing issues that may come up, ensure consistency with dealer and after delivery support.
As a Data Center Account Manager, you will manage relationships and drive revenue and growth for aftermarket solutions (to incl. parts, service, reman) in line with EPD strategy in the assigned territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on medium sized colocation and large Cloud data center customers on a regional scale representing the breadth of the Electric Power product line (diesel, natural gas, hybrid energy, solutions, switchgear, etc.). This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealer(s), where you, will provide leadership, guidance and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness. In addition, you will leverage opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accountability to achieve Parts Sales and Long-Term Service Agreement goals
- Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities and execute approved targeted marketing campaigns.
- Manage onboarding process for new dealers including coordination for aftermarket related requirements.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities at assigned dealers.
- Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness.
- Drive Customer Value Agreements (CVA) and connectivity as an enabler to business.
- Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship.