This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2020
As a Senior Staff Accountant at Caterpillar, you
will independently perform accounting functions which require preparation,
analysis and communication of issues from normal to high complexity that
support Caterpillar business processes.
The following job is a financial reporting position within the Motor
Grader Product business resources team located in Decatur. Motor Grader Products are a core machine
product line for Caterpillar with multiple career progressions throughout the
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Financial accounting including consolidation, analysis and communication of machine product line results along with explanations of actuals and variance to forecasts
* Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions (minimum of quarterly and annually)
* Presentation and explanation of results to management
* Internal management profit center accounting
*Coordination and reporting of OPACC Improvement Agenda (OIA) in accordance with the Operating & Execution Model
* Provide financial support for Vice President and Group President Deep Dives and Executive Office Review (EOR)
* Miscellaneous special projects related to market opportunity, future product strategy and pricing as well as other strategic decision-making requests
* 4-year degree, preferably in accounting
* Non-accounting degree requires minimum 18 hours of college level accounting
* 4-6 years of accounting experience is recommended
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
* 3.0 / 4.0 Grade Point Average (Account GPA & Cumulative GPA) or equivalent.
* Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company.
initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability as well as be
able to work under pressure with tight timelines
* Demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar businesses, products, suppliers and customers
* Power BI experience or willingness to learn as we work to improve our reporting and data analyses