Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world - making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
When you join team Caterpillar as a Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP) Consultant, you will be expected to use process expertise and facilitation skills to continually improve and evolve the S&OP within the Caterpillar machine business. This role combines process expertise with data science and data visualization to provide a complete service to the Caterpillar machine business..
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead global cross functional teams to identify & deliver continuous improvement projects
* Translate strategic direction into tactical change; including process design and execution
* Conduct change management activities, including training, documentation and roles & responsibility definition
* Leverage technology to enable process efficiency, data analysis and process capability
* Translate business requirements into process requirements into data science & data visualization requirements
* Work with the data visualization team on development projects
* Work with peers on process integration opportunities; including Caterpillar Dealer and Supply Chain processes
* Conduct workshops, training sessions, and global update meetings
* Leverage Lean thinking & methodologies
* Utilize multiple mediums of communications including email, presentations, meetings, instant messaging, Caterpillar social media, etc. to reach business partners
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Information Systems, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, or related fields
* 5+ years’ experience in a Demand Planning, Demand Analysis, Forecasting, Supply Chain Analysis, Production Planning, Material Planning, Supply Planning, Capacity Planning, Information Systems or similar roles
* Experience in designing and leading business processes
* Ability to operate statistical analysis tools, process mapping tools, or similar tools
* Ability to communicate effectively and create relationships across functions and regions
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Experience with lean principles and practices
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures
* Master's degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain, Information Systems, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, or related fields
* APICS or SCCP certifications preferred
* Advanced analytical skills preferred
* The role is located in Peoria, IL. Consideration will be given for other locations so long as they have a Caterpillar facility accessible.
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position
* This position may require up to 10% travel
* This posting will close on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.