THE POWER OF WORKING FOR A GREATER GOOD
Caterpillar’s Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) product teams deliver world class products across commercial and machine markets that bring the best value to our customers while achieving business commitments. We are currently looking for a Group Manager 3 to join our talented team at the Hodges, SC Foundry. In this role you will be responsible for operations and supply chain directing production in the casting of quality parts to meet established production requirements along with directing the facility efforts to develop and implement the plan for every part, pull material replenishment and improved throughput efficiency. This role is responsible for establishing the vision and mission to ensure profitability while attaining objectives in customer satisfaction, efficiency, quality, and inventory turns.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Manage multiple sections and reports to the facility manager
• Own the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated
• Perform on-going evaluation of workloads and assists Section Managers in solving problems
• Contributes to the total manufacturing effort by directing and controlling several operations from core make, molding, melting, finishing, and shipping
• Ensures production schedules can be met in a Lean Manufacturing environment to satisfy customer requirements
• Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members
• Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans
• Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a site level Flow Map for parts used in production.
• Lead deployment teams in the execution of Pull Material Replenishment processes in a plant.
• Performs physical, tactical work to reduce / eliminate supply chain constraints at both the facility and value stream level, working with a cross-functional team of personnel.
• Bachelor degree in an accredited curriculum or 7+ years of experience in manufacturing and supply chain.
• 5+ years of supervisory experience
Top candidates will also have:
• Solid management, motivational, organization, problem solving, human relations and communications skills
• Grey / Ductile iron foundry experience
• Project Management experience
• Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning analyst or Engineer
• Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes
• Location of this position is in Hodges, South Carolina
• Relocation assistance is available for this position
• This position may require 10% travel.
• This position will close on 04, November, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities- are encouraged to apply.