most to you? Is it being part of a
strong team? Supporting your family?
Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your
work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work.
Together, we can build what matters.
Industrial Powers Systems Division currently has an opening for a DSN Tier II
in Mossville, IL.
position serves as a subject matter expert providing troubleshooting assistance
on C9.3-C18 engine and after treatment systems for Caterpillar dealer technical
communicators. The candidate will be
responsible for working directly with dealers to resolve complex problems, as
well as identify potential emerging issues.
Has expert knowledge of the company’s processes, systems and
methodologies. Performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems
that are complex in nature.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Receives dealer inquiries via DSN, Phone, E-mail, Event Logger,
standardized product problem forms - CPI Web template inquires, reports, etc.
- Utilizes the DSN to populate service request tickets with the
relevant product event data/information (dealer, customer product application,
product problem description, application, most likely root cause, incident
reports, repair information, escalation, and resolution).
- Divided inquiries into 3 categories: Safety and product down,
product health with no documented repair action, and informational.
- Search and investigate Caterpillar systems for validated
information on known potential product problems, technical inquires, etc.
- Utilizes the following systems: CPI Search, CPI Event Logger,
SISWeb, SIMS, TMI, PIS, RWA, EDS, REDI, etc.
- Communicate emerging issues to Service Engineers for CPI issue
creation as appropriate. Coordinate failed parts return, and notify the
corresponding Service Engineer when they arrive
- At least 5 years of diesel engine design or hands on
- At least 2 year previous dealer/customer support
- Working knowledge of IPSD Medium engines .5L- 7.1L
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Agricultural, or
Mechanical Engineering / Technology or 3+ years product support experience
- DSN Analyst experience
- Knowledge of the CPI processes, product support, and
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Dealer repair processes and
- The location for this position is Mossville, Illinois
- No relocation assistance is available for this position
- This positing will close Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:59 CST PM
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply