At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Demand & Order Scheduling Analyst.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth. And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As Demand & Order Scheduling Analyst at Caterpillar, you will develop and recommend production, attachment, and inventory schedules and order fulfillment activities for the facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing order schedules to fulfill product orders from the facility
- Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels
- Supports data collection and analysis of actual results against business variables of the Rolling Business Model (RBM) forecasts such as sales to users, orders, shipments and factory and dealer inventory
- Assists in the development of a plan and business case for critical review by Product Managers, materials, factory managers and marketing subsidiaries, explaining why this plan provides the best compromise to conflicting objectives
- Adjusts RBM forecast for supply constraints such as machinery, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Supports the global S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process and attends meetings with marketing subsidiaries on a monthly basis acting as Subject Matter Expert
- Supports data gathering for analysis of industry and dealer trends and helps assess risks and opportunities
- Supports data gathering to provide availability administration including demand management, special order programs, responding to critical deals, quoting delivery for large projects, etc.
- Helps prepare scheduling proposals to accommodate special situations such as strike hedge plans or reviewing costs and consequences of layoffs, carrying inventory, using plant shutdowns, etc.
- Supports oversight and analysis and development of complex attachment forecasts utilizing the latest tools available to compensate for changes in dealer ordering behavior
- Monitors attachment inventory daily and develops schedules to achieve inventory turns goals while maintaining good availability on key attachments to compensate for order changes and diversions from stock inventory
*Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States*
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited university/college earning a minimum Bachelor’s degree in one of the following degree programs: Business Administration/Business Management with a minor/focus in Supply Chain, Statistics, Math, Logistics, Engineering Management, Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering/Technology, Logistics, Manufacturing Systems, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, Supply Chain Management
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Graduation date between December 2020 to August 2021
Top candidates will also have:
- Involvement in leadership, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous experience, co-op, or internship in a manufacturing or operations organization
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibit of critical thinking, analytical skills, and initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of order to delivery, engineering and/or manufacturing principles
- Familiar with company policies and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.