WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer located in Schertz, Texas. As a Manufacturing Engineer at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for providing direct manufacturing engineering support for machine shop value stream, trouble shooting production errors and quality findings, identifying and eliminating causes of scrap and rework, implementation of SPC on critical features, review of production reports for causes of volume issues, review and revise machine CNC programs for improvements and NPI and analyze current tooling and cost looking for improvements to value.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Engages in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns
* Works with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective systems and processes to produce quality products
* Coordinates, plans, monitors and reports the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modeling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area
* Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties
* Provides manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification
* Ensure production processes are designed and capable of meeting current and future plans
* Develops, analyzes and manages Manufacturing/ Assembly Projects. Assists in developing department capital and expense budgets
* Identify business risk due to equipment obsolescence
* Attend small business team meetings
* Work action items coming from Customer and operations quality or improvement CAR’s
* Review, create, and sustain standard work and operations SFMEA for improvements
* Review premature tooling report, production reports and other business metrics to identify improvement activities
* Bachelor’s in Science in Engineering preferred Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing engineer or related discipline
* 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing experience
* Read and understand technical engineering documents including Specifications and drawings
Top Candidates will also have:
* Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and/or quality
* 5+ years’ experience with machine shop manufacturing engineering including tool selection
* 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting machines
* Experience with CNC programing (Fanuc & Siemens)
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Work in a team environment
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.