This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanford, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2020
- Plan for supplier material deliveries, track information on suppliers including replenishment schedules, and monitor packaging quantities and usage.
- Prepare inventory reports and determine the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the replenishment and demand of engineers, technicians, and other.
- Initiate purchase or production requisitions as appropriate to maintain stock of commonly used parts and materials.
- Create and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Ensures purchased material is ordered, shipped and delivered to meet scheduled build requirements while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Use of multiple Caterpillar information systems to track and plan for material, inventory, and shipping.
- Advanced Problem Solving – Must be able to work independently to resolve issues as they arise showing good judgement and timely solutions
- Investigate and resolve receiving discrepancies and notify appropriate personnel of results or required actions.
- Analyze product workflow and develops logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management.
- Effective Communication – must keep all parties up to date
- May communicate with suppliers daily to expedite, stop, or change the delivery of materials.
- May rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
2 Yr Degree or equivalent (Current enrollment in an accredited 4 yr college degree program at a Junior level status is considered equivalent to a 2 year degree.)
3 yrs of related experience in Materials Operations, Packaging or Planning.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Demonstrated experience problem solving and an ability to work independently.
- At least 3 years of experience in logistics, supply chain, engineering or operations
Additional information: Resumes are encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position starting at $24.37/hour located in Sanford, NC. No relocation benefits are available. Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All Qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities- are encouraged to apply.