This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Support various portfolio management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) by providing customer service in the North America Business Center (NABC).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Responsibilities vary, but may include various combinations of the following duties:
1. Responds to customer needs and works to develop relationships with Caterpillar dealers and Territory Managers.
2. Researches and evaluates more specific customer issues, develops an overall understanding of the NABC and FPD and refers customers to the appropriate department within for problem resolution.
3. Processes buyouts and communicates them to the requesting party, ensuring accurate input of accounting data and timely processing. Buyout processing involves, but is not limited to, entry of financial data associated with buyouts, calculation of collateral release figures, audit of confirmation letters and verification of such data for accuracy and completeness.
4. Completes timely and accurate processing of paid-in-full documents to be sent to customers along with proper UCC review, filing and termination or release of assets.
5. Works various daily contract disposition reports to determine that funds were applied to the correct contract. Work involves, but is not limited to, matching and printing buyout quote (automated or manual), attaching copy of check/wire to buyout quote, and disposing contract within the leasing system.
6. Resolves contract disposition fund report posting errors applied to incorrect contract. Researches errors and identifies the appropriate contract and amount to be applied. Works closely with other NABC units to resolve disposition of buyout fund problems.
7. Follows established procedures to perform basic accounting duties associated with the input of contract dispositions in leasing system and manual general ledger entries for accounting to process.
8. Identifies discrepancies in funds and buyout quote. Determines whether the discrepancies are due to additional interest calculated, late charges, taxes, insurance premiums, etc.
9. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
10. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of financing and taxation principles.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to calculate casualty vales and amortization schedules.
4. Demonstrated working knowledge of documents and the information contained therein specifically as it relates to customer inquiries.
5. Advanced knowledge of customer services concepts and techniques.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the accounting, leasing and collections systems.
7. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies, and procedures.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of UCC filing requirements and regulations.
9. Demonstrated ability to analyze customer credit summaries.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to verify accuracy and completeness of such information.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policies, products and coverage.
12. Ability to sit, focus on computer screen, and type on keyboard for long periods of time (at least 2 hours).
13. Demonstrated ability to contact customers via telephone system for long periods of time.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of financial products and tools available to customers and the ability to use cross-selling techniques to improve acceptance and increase customer utilization.
15. Demonstrated ability to be a committed student of the business; seek knowledge and experience to benefit current performance and prepare for future advancement.
16. Demonstrated ability to nurture strong working relationships with other headquarters personnel, territory managers, and dealer personnel.
17. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently guided by the priorities set by management; strives for continuous improvement in performance of duties.
18. Demonstrated ability to learn and practice CFSC policies and procedures.
19. Demonstrated ability to work together with colleagues to achieve unit goals without losing perspective of overall CFSC goals.
A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, financial statement analysis and/or related discipline is recommended. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.