This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Coordinate management of multiple, related high-priority and/or high-risk projects where the scope of the project is aligned with key strategic initiatives. Lead project teams to deliver complex business, integration, implementation projects, and continuous improvement/lean efforts. Apply program management and project management principles and techniques to manage scope, timeline, resources, stakeholders, communications and risk throughout the project lifecycle and to ensure success of key strategic programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all project leadership and program leadership assignments without close supervision.
Provides regional and functional coordination and execution of strategy and tactics.
Works independently on all phases of projects including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and close.
Monitors schedule and health of sub-projects and operations while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program.
Provides project leadership, guidance and assistance to cross-functional project team members including business users and vendors.
Develops program documentation and facilitates status updates with leadership.
Provides stakeholder management and effectively communicates project status to team members and project stakeholders, including senior management and executive level leaders.
Develops and executes stakeholder management, risk management and communication plans, as appropriate for the assigned projects.
Facilitates effective meetings including project planning, project update, gate review, stakeholder update and lessons learned.
Develops project plans and schedules and facilitates task estimation sessions with team members.
Documents project scope, project decisions, project issues and risk mitigation plans.
Ensures projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, business strategy, and lean principles.
Provides necessary training and coaching to team members to spread the base of 6 Sigma Problem Solving tools.
Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department by identifying problem areas and helping to development resolutions to address them.
Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge ability to apply project management and continuous improvement/lean principles used by FPD.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead multiple cross-functional, technical project teams.
3. Demonstrated ability to resolve complex project management issues in a timely manner.
4. Advanced time management and task coordination abilities.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of project management software.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the finance industry and experience project implementation.
7. Demonstrated ability to build consensus in cross-functional teams.
8. Demonstrated ability to train and advise employees on the use of advanced project management tools and principles.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of procedures and operations of the functional business areas.
10. Demonstrated ability to reinforce high quality standards driven by company objectives.
11. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to collaboration across corporate business units and service divisions.
12. Advanced ability to work independently.
13. Demonstrated ability to lead change.
14. Advanced ability to listen to others and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree and a minimum of 5 years exempt experience, which includes 2 years’ experience in management or project management is recommended. Equivalent job experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.