Caterpillar’s Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) teams deliver world class products across commercial and machine markets that bring the best value to our customers while achieving business commitments. We are currently looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager, which is a key role on the Human Resources team with global talent acquisition responsibility for more than 6,000 global employees.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for design and implementation of Talent Acquisition strategies to find, recruit, hire and retain talented candidates to meet our global workforce requirements. The scope of talent varies from production employees to executive leadership, focused primarily in manufacturing and engineering functions.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a diverse and global team! We are looking for a passionate and motivated HR professional to join our Talent Acquisition team.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement full-cycle talent acquisition strategies to attract top talent in order to build the best teams. This role will partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to execute these strategies to align with Strategic Workforce Plans
• As a working leader, lead team members, collaborate with global talent acquisition organization and perform actions to recruit and source candidates through various channels to create strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs
• Continually benchmark industry standards to provide analysis and proposals associated with talent acquisition and retention on a global scale across multiple regions (i.e. talent competition, local talent markets, generational impact on workforce, compensation, location, job roles/descriptions, tools, investments, etc.) on a global scale across multiple regions and countries
• Partner with HR Business Partners and Center of Excellence to determine and deploy employment branding initiatives and ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experience
• Forecast potential hiring demand fluctuations through business cycles including attrition analysis
• Work with HR Business Partners to facilitate pre-pipeline talent planning conversations and determine community outreach strategy that varies dependent on global location
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Organizational Talent and Development team, and leaders to determine methods/plans to address competency gaps for incumbents and workforce as we build pipeline/succession plans for key roles
• Provide recommendations to Engineering and Order to Delivery Functional Area Coordinator (FAC) to establish school relationships, coordinate campus career fairs/ interviews, strategy for recruiting of college graduates and interns
• Utilize data analytics to establish metrics and targets for process improvements
• Understand CAT business operations, products produced, services offered, financial goals and competitive position in order to effectively communicate with business leaders, hiring managers, human resources and candidates.
• Own specified programs, processes/standard work, and metrics and work closely with the Segment TA Manager to ensure compliance and adoption of leading practices to deliver business goals, create stakeholder value, and achieve profitable growth
• Requires a 4-year college degree
• 5+ years of talent acquisition experience which includes full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employment branding
• Experience in selection methods and techniques
• Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
• Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles
• Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases
• Strategic thinker
• Previous leader experience with understanding of support and development methodologies, business planning, project management, and customer application needs
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Full-cycle talent acquisition experience across multiple countries
• A successful candidate must enjoy significant challenges, change management, and being held accountable to produce quantifiable results
• General understanding of business operations and manufacturing processes either through direct experience or sourcing/recruiting manufacturing roles
• Must have a strong customer focus and ability to work effectively across the Enterprise
• Excellent human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the enterprise
• A high level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
• Knowledge and experience with HR systems and tools (i.e. Human Resource Management System)
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Campus and skilled trades recruiting experience
• Preferred candidates will live within short driving distance of Peoria, IL or Lafayette, IN
• Knowledge of various human resource policies, processes and programs including benefits, employment, compensation, employee development, succession planning and personnel policies and procedures
Remote work will be allowed with this position, but will require moderate travel (10-20%)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.