Caterpillar’s Quality Technicians perform tactical Quality Management duties, responding to daily quality issues arising in the manufacturing facility. The incumbent performs work using quality processes, plans and tools that are part of Caterpillar’s Quality Management System and the Caterpillar Production System.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Executing global quality processes
* Coordinating / conduct internal quality audits
* Administering work area metrics
* Developing local training documents
* Performing quality certification activities
* Identifing quality non-conformance occurences and track compliance
In addition, the Quality Technician will work with business division teams to assist with quality issues and provide continuous improvement feedback.
* A 2-year minimum of technical schooling, an apprenticeship program, an Associates degree and/or equivalent work experience in an engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance-related discipline
* A minimum of one year of engineering, manufacturing, maintenance or quality-related work experience
* Thorough knowledge of relevant engineering, manufacturing and / or maintenance standards and practices
* Strong analytical skills
* Good interpersonal, communications, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
* Personal computer skills and the ability to use standard software tools
* Good written and oral communications skills
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.