As a Procurement Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity to establish quality sources at the lowest possible cost for the procurement of goods and services as assigned.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Obtaining quotations for goods and services as detailed on approved order proposals
* Negotiating price and delivery to achieve best value
* Issuing purchase orders to approved suppliers
* Expediting deliveries of open purchase orders to ensure goods and services are received on time
* Maintaining accurate supplier price and lead time files
* Filing department purchase orders and paperwork
* Updating computer database
* Performing market tests and special projects as assigned to ensure best value and source selection
* Knowledge of and previous experience in logistics, purchasing, and accounting activities
* 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
* Engineering Degree or Equivelant
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.