For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. it is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has Summer 2020 intern openings for Professional Sales Interns located in Seguin, Texas. During this internship, you will be a critical part of our dynamic sales team supporting sales administration including: maintaining key customer account plans, price intelligence, data integrity including competitor inputs such as price and product line-up. Responsible for S&OP activities, linking customers and IPSD facilities. Delivering sales report updates and support account managers with forecast accuracy.
The Sales Support Intern is responsible for reporting on a variety of commercial activities within the region. This role is completed through the facilitation of engine business (Caterpillar and Perkins) through the local distribution network and OEM customers.
Sales Development - Analyze sales opportunities, develop opportunity comparisons, review regional pricing practices, commercial impact of product development programs, new product information requirements, product and market presentations and commercial presentations.
Sales Support - Assist management with various sales initiatives. Development and execution of dealer.distributors sales seminars regionally, liaison with Business Development organization on marketing activity requirements/requests from regional sales entities.
Sales Interns help sell and support our products/services and deliver superior service and industry expertise for our dealers and customers. With the help of the sales and marketing team, you will perform the following tasks:
- Develop and execute strategies to promote customer value and ensure that customer expectations are exceeded and sales objectives are achieved
- Build strong relationships across the given business with key business decision makers and influencers
- Travel to customer sites and factory locations to get a better understanding of the business of Caterpillar that you will be supporting
- Communicate effectively with Caterpillar employees, dealers/distributors and a variety of customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations
Intern Program Structure:
Session: May 2021 - August 2021
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks
Besides exciting work, Caterpillar interns will experience:
- Comprehensive internship orientation
- travel reimbursement
- Tours of State-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Product demonstrations
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Business skill building
- Resume and Interview workshops and more!
Qualifications If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your application
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university in one of the following degree programs: Marketing, Engineering, Sales or related business/technical field
- GPA Requirements: Cumulative 2.8/4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Expected graduation date: December 2020 and beyond
- 30 completed semester hours at the 4-year university prior to start of the internship
- Previous experience/demonstrated abilities in business functions
- Previous industry and/or sales/marketing experience
- Previous experience/level of proficiency with the following areas: Construction equipment, Mining Equipment, Diesel Equipment, Natural Gas Engines, On-Highway Trucks
- Strong initiative, Communication, Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Caterpillar Products
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants for this position that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O
EEO/AA Employer: All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.