Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Manage staff responsible for performing Caterpillar Financial Services Limited (CFSL), which includes but is not limited to lockbox, wires, unapplied suspense, Western Union, direct debits, direct credits, reversals, and reconciliations. Manage the receipt and disbursement of funds through CFSL.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees a staff responsible for performing disbursements and cash applications. Provides direction, coaching, counseling and training for staff. Manages daily cash balances and account activity requirements to ensure cost effective cash management operations. Supervises resolution of discrepancies relating to banking transactions by investigating potential errors with appropriate bank personnel, accounting personnel while maintaining strong banking relationships.
2. Conducts performance evaluation reviews and works with each staff member to create personal developmental plans.
3. Oversees and maintains accounting controls and procedures to safeguard the company’s assets through the development of documented policies and procedures in order to deter fraud and misrepresentation.
4. Ensures the highest quality of the application of customer payments received and the timely correction of any errors made in applications. Requires extensive knowledge of the functionality of Accounts Receivable systems. Requires interaction with accounting personnel required to expedite the elimination of any account grief items.
5. Manages internal and external control functions monthly to mitigate risk for Caterpillar. Prepares and conducts quarterly SOX audits.
6. Manages reconciliation tracking governance process. Holds regular reviews with staff, accounting and business partners to resolve outstanding reconciliation items.
7. Works closely with the accounting department after month end closing to ensure that all journal entry accounts have been reconciled.
8. Oversees accounting controls and procedures to safeguard the company’s assets through the development of documented policies and procedures in order to deter fraud and misrepresentation.
9. Reviews and approves refunds in excess of team member’s authority levels.
10. Assists with or leads process improvement projects as needed.
11. Provides an environment to foster the development of personnel through continued learning and performance management by providing direction, coaching and training of staff while living our values in action.
12. Oversees the positing of accounts receivable for all departments, monthly closing and account reconciliations for customers.
13. Works closely with Customer Accounts, Asset Management, Treasury, Accounting, Customer Solutions, Customer Relations, Commercial Accounts, Legal Accounts and Corporate Accounts to ensure customer payments are posted in a timely and accurate manner. Constantly and continuously works to streamline process in order to gain efficiencies across departments and provide exceptional customer service.
14. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
15. Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, applies them in all aspects of management and maintains an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Thorough ability to read and analyze various business and financial reports.
2. Advanced knowledge of and advanced ability to apply advanced math computation skills, statistical analysis and other mathematical concepts used in financial forecasting and modeling.
3. Proven ability to establish and maintain banking and financial relations in a multi-cultural environment.
4. Demonstrated ability to research and understand the business requirements (tax, legal, financial, etc.)
5. Proven working knowledge of bank account management and cash management.
6. Proven working knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards and procedures.
7. Advanced knowledge of accounting and treasury principles and procedures.
8. Advanced ability to reconcile accounts and resolve any related issues.
9. Advanced ability to meet deadlines and handle complex issues daily and with a sense of urgency.
10. Thorough knowledge of billing, invoicing and dealer payment principles and concepts.
11. Advanced knowledge of and ability to develop cash application policies and procedures.
12. Advanced ability to motivate, develop and train staff in cash application procedures and processes.
13. Advanced ability to organize, plan, train and coach other employees.
14. Advanced ability to enforce high quality standards and accuracy in all processing activities.
15. Advanced ability to maintain a teamwork environment conducive to accomplishing all cash application job functions and that promotes the highest quality of customer service.
16. Strong decision making and analytical skills and the ability independently work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal involvement from management.
17. Advanced ability to utilize time management and organizational skills.
18. Advanced ability to remain flexible and work in a stressful environment.
19. Advanced ability to maintain procedures and controls to protect the assets of the company.
20. Accurate and timely financial reporting for subsidiary both internal and externally.
21. Advanced knowledge of general ledger accounts, as well as a thorough understanding of how posting funds to and from various GL accounts will affect Accounting and other departments downstream.
22. Advanced ability to create and maintain intermediate level spreadsheets and run reports as needed.
23. Proficient in performing SOX compliance for the department pertaining to application and unapplied suspense.
24. Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems operations sufficient to analyze basic system problems and deficiencies and determine outcomes.
25. Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis.