Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Support Manager. In this position, you will provide supervision to the credit and documentation staff in the daily operations of Caterpillar Financial Services Limited (CFSL) Canadian operations to maximize the productivity, profitability, and customer service of the department.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage the daily credit approval and credit investigation activities for the department and supervise and distribute work assignments to the staff who perform those functions.
* Review transactions in excess of the Credit Analyst’s authority.
* Make recommendations for approval to manager when transactions exceed credit authority and assists in recommending and obtaining approvals for overline submissions as needed.
* Develop and implement individual career development plans for employees. Coordinate training for all employees.
* Monitor key measurements to ensure customer service goals are achieved.
* Review expenses to control the budget.
* Provides administrative leadership for documentation process
* Serves as the senior subject matter expert on leading the legal, tax and business due diligence process to determine documentation requirements for unusual transactions; negotiating documentation for complex transactions; serving as liaison between local field personnel and corporate support departments, external counsel and customer/dealer resources regarding documentation changes and modifications; managing employees with less documentation authority.
* Work with management in Document Services and Sales Support to ensure quotes and documents accurately reflect credit decisions, which includes the negotiation of documents as needed.
* Act as a primary contact for Caterpillar Dealers within assigned credit territory. Interact with end-users, if necessary, to negotiate the terms and conditions of credit decisions.
* Assist the development and implementation of workflow processes for the department. Consult with manager regarding changes to credit policies.
* Work with Sales Managers and Territory Managers to negotiate acceptable approval of credit submissions.
* Participate in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department; measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participate in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
* Understand the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, apply them in all aspects of management and maintain an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply advanced math computation skills, statistical analysis and other mathematical concepts, including those used in financial modeling and forecasting.
* Proven ability to establish and maintain dealer and customer relations.
* Working knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of the Caterpillar dealer organization.
* Knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar dealers.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the CFSL billing and invoicing processes.
* Proven ability to read and analyze various financial and business reports.
* Demonstrated knowledge of commercial laws and restrictions governing operations of CFSC, including laws and procedures governing liens against equipment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of CFSL credit and documentation processes, procedures and operations.
* Proven ability to perform financial statement analysis.
* Proven ability to analyze customers’ financial condition.
* Ability to provide leadership for the credit staff for new business and ensure their focus is on portfolio quality goals.
* Ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with external and internal customers.
* Ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to collaboration between other departments.
* Ability to create an environment for employees to develop and optimize their performance potential.
* Ability to maintain an atmosphere that promotes the highest quality of customer service.
* Ability to sit up to 80% of the workday and view computer monitors for 60% of the workday.
* A 4 year college or university degree and a minimum of 4 years experience in credit, collections, cash applications, customer services, sales, marketing, documentation, financial statement analysis and/or accounting.
* Previous exempt experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
* Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.