WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Technology Manager located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As a Digital Technology Manager at Caterpillar you will support enterprise wide information technology, marketing and commercial strategy and execution globally for customer and dealer facing digital experience applications, inclusive of application development, information services and technology infrastructure. Support aspects of the global Marine digital tools, platforms and processes; to execute (and/or enable) Marine Digital platform and analytics capabilities for Caterpillar and Dealers to support both business and services opportunities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Supervises a team that aligns and executes with the strategic direction, tool/platform selection, development and management, process management and governance, best practice creation and documentation, measurement and analytics, and supporting integration with other online platforms to ensure proper customer journeys and experience in the Caterpillar digital space
* Supervises multiple teams of UI/UX web designers, full stack, software developers and/or suppliers who create and manage the high velocity digital platforms (cloud, web, mobile, etc.), tools, processes and related services: which provide enablement (how) and accessibility (self-serve) on the Marine Digital platforms and applications in order to effectively and quickly execute and enable services efforts with a consistent brand image that attracts customers and drives sales of parts, work tools, or solutions on the Web
* Execute (and/or enable) aspects of the Marine Digital capabilities including: alignment to the customer experience, input into business planning, executes content strategy, translations, website design, web analytics, and delivery of committed service level agreements
* Supervises the staff and projects related to developing business and technical solutions and implementing common operating procedures to provide process functionality and the requisite infrastructure to enable effective, efficient, economical services
* Directs implementation of hardware and software infrastructure components to maximize common process and minimize costs by efficiently controlling the infrastructure environment
* Supports the Digital strategy, software factory, and external facing Cat Marine Digital solutions
* Recognizes the service requirements/needs of dealers and customers, corporate and business unit goals, and gives input to leadership in formulating global concepts, strategies and plans to deliver service solutions
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other IT relevant program or 10 years of experience in software development experience
* 3+ years of experience managing a software development team, Agile Software Management or Digital Team Leadership
* Agile SCRUM or SAFe certification (i.e. Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Practitioner, Product Owner, Product Manager, etc.).
Top Candidates will also have:
* Hands on experience with CI/CD Pipelines
* Experience with Cloud Application development and deployments
* Digital experience in heavy industries such as Marine, Oil and Gas, Energy or other
* Digital experience with engineering systems
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.