WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Manager located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. As PM Manager at Caterpillar you will lead, facilitate, consult, and serve as a SME in the area of Marine Services, NPI, and Digital Solutions with broad responsibility for helping drive processes to increase strategic services projects. New and existing processes need to be implemented or improved with metrics to support key imperatives and strategy development to achieve the company’s long-term global leadership in services revenue. The incumbent works with all levels of management to identify and implement continuous improvement processes with measurable value to the Enterprise. Processes should align with Enterprise goals and Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in project management, facilitation, project financials, documentations and change management in the area of Marine services, NPI, and Digital Solutions
* Positively influence and educate all levels responsible for the deliverables associated with several projects
* Manages complex global cross-divisional projects to maximize the marine opportunity to keep customers in-channel through the life of the project
* Impacts existing processes that drive marine business or develops new processes
* Leads and influences major initiatives to set the direction for Enterprise services growth initiatives
* Provides direction for future marine needs to demonstrate skills at sharing expertise with business partners
* Responsible to lead a team of Project Managers and Scrum Masters that gather data, conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and provide traditional Project Management and SAFe deliverables to be worked and optimized to drive services growth
* Acts as an advisor or consultant to senior management
* Serve as a company-wide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided
* Lead other project managers to follow SAFe processes, understand Enterprise strategic vision, and consult project issues and challenges
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other IT relevant program.
* 8+ years of experience in digital system or data science system development and execution
* 5 years of project management, Agile Software Management or Digital Team Leadership
* Agile SAFe certification (i.e. Release Train Engineer, Practitioner, Product Owner, Product Manager, etc.).
Top Candidates will also have:
* Digital experience in heavy industries such as Marine, Oil and Gas, Energy or other
* Digital experience with engineering systems
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.