When you are an Accounting Manager at Caterpillar, you will supervise and lead day-to-day work efforts of a team of accounting personnel responsible for a specific segment of accounting activity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide first level of management for small team of hourly, salaried and management staff in a specialized area (Cap. Assets) for a large service provider division or in general area (Inventory) for a smaller unit.
* Responsibilities are usually confined within specific functional area and closely monitored by an area manager.
* Frequently interact and work outside the workgroup to achieve assigned goals.
* Direct reports are hourly personnel and various salaried support positions including accounting analysts, accounting clerks, and may have certain management staff.
* Manage people: work with financial systems, interpret and adhere to CAT accounting practices and
procedures, and supervise a workgroup of several individuals who generally perform routine and repetitive basic accounting functions.
* Manage a small team and their related workload involved, prioritize projects, assign and review work, and control the daily operating environment.
* Evaluate and report on staff performance, participate in employee selection, provide career guidance and training direction, comply with personnel practices, and promote team rewards and successes.
* Provide technical guidance and expertise to current staff.
* Manage Expectations: Communicate effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
* Understand and manage customer requirements and expectations.
* Serve as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
* Identify and communicate goals and objectives of team.
* Provide services, make recommendations and manage costs.
* Perform Individual Staff Work: Lead initiatives outside team to represent the group (i.e. document processes, make presentations).
* Demonstrate a general knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
* Hold a 4-year degree, preferably in accounting.
* Demonstrated initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
* Analytical, problem solving and human relations skills.
* 3 - 5 years of accounting experience.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.